Saturday, July 13, 2013

Project Sweet Tooth

All of the girls in my house LOVE sweets.  I try to keep the sugar intake low and I've adopted the rule that I won't purchase any pre-made desserts for the house (except ice cream, but I'll eventually get my dream ice cream maker!).  If we want to eat it we have to make it!  In the summer I prefer not to use the oven because it heats up the entire kitchen, so we find other ways to satisfy our cravings rather than baking.  The majority of the time we find simple joy in a cut up melon or some strawberries with whipped cream.  (Unlike the winter, a subtle sweet satisfies in the heat.)  However, there are times when a girl just needs something creamy or chocolaty.  Today's treat is nostalgic because it was one of my favorites when I was a girl.  Do you remember Jello Pudding Pops? Well, these frozen pops taste just like the ones I ate as a child and they are super easy to make.

You will need:
  • A box of instant pudding mix - I like chocolate
  • Milk
  • A tub of Cool Whip
  • Popsicle molds
Make the pudding and refrigerate it until it is set.  Mix in 1/2 of the tub of Cool Whip and mix together until blended.  Spoon into popsicle molds and freeze.  Isn't that the easiest recipe you've ever seen?!!!  Before serving you'll want to dip the outside of the mold in warm water or run it under the faucet to loosen it up.  Yum!


On a side note: I got my molds from Bed Bath and Beyond.  They do not have them on their website, but I found them in store for only $4.99.  They have been fantastic!  When we are not filling them with pudding pop mixture we usually use fruit smoothies, which are great for adding in spinach, kale, or squash in addition to your berries.   My children think they are having dessert.  Berries hide everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment